You have acquired your Office 365 tenant!!! Congratulations.
Every organization thinking about moving to cloud based services using Office 365 and Microsoft Azure services encounters a common question. How do we move there? And once we are there what do we do next? Enterprises willing to move to Office 365 have common goal in mind. Showing quick wins. Quick savings and quick accolades. But realistically, there are many challenges that restrict them from taking the first step.
As a consultant, I help organizations achieve their execution goals to move their workload to Office 365. The service offering is depicted in the following illustration.
Configuration: This is very critical stage that defines how would a particular service in Office 365 would be used and covers configuration of following feature and functions.
- Domain Validation and DNS Configuration – Domains are validated for use by making changes to your domain registrar and DNS catalog.
- Active Directory Sync using Azure AD Sync client – This is optional but very effective if you are currently using Active Directory to manage your identity and access.
- Single Sign on configuration – This is very complex but effective configuration to allow your users to leverage single sign on by login from your domain joined computer.
- Readiness – Readiness for Exchange, SharePoint & Skype for Business services.
Migration: At this stage, we prioritize migration of mailboxes and content.
- Exchange Migration: Whatever would be your current mail server, there is a migration path defined. Be it Google Apps for Work, IMAP based mail services or several PSTs, I have got it covered.
- SharePoint Migration: Migrating content from various document repositories like Network Share, Google Drive, Dropbox or your My Documents folder, I can help migrate content to OneDrive for Business or SharePoint sites.
Support: This is the stage where your tenant has stabilized and your user are so excited and overwhelmed that they seek changes and support. The following support options are available.
- Managed Services – As a partner on record for your Office 365 tenant, I would provide end to end tenant support which includes user management, Level 1 support, coordinate with Microsoft Support. This would also include remote administration of your tenant, notification of upcoming service issues and end user support.
- Training – I offer training services administrators and engineers to administer, support and maintain office 365 tenants. These training also includes understanding of mailbox migration, content migration and addressing single sign on issues.
I have seen organizations getting overwhelmed with requests around Office 365 and it is of utmost importance to have well established process and guidelines in place to avoid misconfigurations and unavoidable changes that break critical functionality.
For more details and quick quote, please write an email to email@example.com